Writer, narrative designer & script doctor
I have been working as a writer since 2008. I started with literature, before studying screenwriting, then interactive and transmedia storytelling.
Today I tell stories for multiple media.
I am currently narrative director on Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
My last experiences in 2021-2022 also involve writing at Ubisoft on the AAA title Beyond Good & Evil 2, working on narrative design for an experience in virtual reality with Cinétévé Expérience, writing and narrative design for an unannounced project from Atlas V, missions and narrative design for Draw Me A Pixel and Old Skull Games, writing and directing staged interviews for an exhibition of the EDF Design Lab, script doctoring a virtual reality project for Floreal Films, or publishing a short novel in the French literature magazine Quinzaines.
Studying the craft of writing has always been an important part of my personal and professional life. In continuity with the blog posts I have been writing here and there, I was recently published by CRC Press. I wrote a chapter on virtual reality storytelling, in a book entitled Storytelling for New Technologies and Platforms: A writer’s guide for theme parks, virtual reality, board games, virtual assistants, and more. You can learn more here.
As side activities, I am also a script doctor and script reader for cinema, video games or virtual reality, and I regularly teach storytelling and narrative design in schools. My work as a consultant led me to be invited in 2021-2022 as the Story Developer mentor for the College Cinema VR of the notorious Venice Biennale.
Apart from writing, building fictional worlds is one of the missions I love the most, along with working with actors, which I had the opportunity to do multiple times. I directed actors on stage for plays, short movies, or voice recordings in English.
I have an appetite for fantasy, science fiction and historical stories, although I had the chance to work on all kind of universes, for both personal or professional projects.
I will be a speaker at the Game Camp (Lille, France) on June 19-20. “Reconciling mechanics and narration to reinforce the gameplay experience”. Read more
Game Access Conference
I will give a talk at the Game Access Conference in Brno (Czech Republic) on June 2-3 2023. “Building believable and immersive worlds”. Read more
Assassin's Creed Mirage reveal
Assassin’s Creed Mirage, the next Assassin’s Creed game on which I work as the narrative director, has been revealed during the Ubisoft Forward. I talked about it here: Watch the video
Storytelling for New Technologies and Platforms was published on the 22th of June. I am thrilled to be one of the contributors, with a chapter on storytelling and narrative design for virtual reality. Read more
Venice Biennale College Cinema VR
For the second time, I’ll be a mentor as Story Developer for the College Cinema VR at the Venice Biennale, on the international selection. Read more
Interview on Narrative Design
I answered some questions about narrative design from Ubisoft’s website Stories, along with others. Read the original article (French) or the English translation
Venice Biennale College Cinema VR
I’m pleased to be a mentor as Story Developer for the College Cinema VR at the Venice Biennale. Read more
Annecy and NewImages selection
VR project Ego is selected to the Annecy Festival MIFA and the XR Financing Market at NewImages Festival . Read more about the project
Awards & publications
- VR project Ego selected by the NewImages Festival XR Financing Market | Read more
- VR project Ego selected by the Annecy Festival (MIFA) | Read more
- VR project Ego selected by the CNC Expériences Numériques support fund | Read more
- Short novel Under the lake published in the literary magazine “Quinzaines” | Read more
- Video game Where is Laurie? selected for the International Screenwriting Festival (Valence, France) – Interactive and transmedia creation | Read more
- Pre-selection for best screenplay at the European Film Festival (Lille, France) for the short movie Persona
- Finalist for best screenplay at the European Film Festival (Lille France) for the short movie Mask | Read more
- Winner of best adapted screenplay at the Montélimar Festival (France) for the short movie Mask | Read more
- Short novel The one who was bored published in the Short Stories Dispenser from Short Edition (France and USA)